FL USSSA WINTER ALLSTAR EVENT
Tournament DateDec 09 - Dec 11 2022
Age Groups8U - 16U
The Winter All-star event is a Stay-to-Play event. USSSA and Total event services have worked hard to contract rates lower than the best flexible rates that are advertised on the hotel’s websites. Booking with Total event provides multiple protections and benefits as indicated below:
• 24 Hour Assistance During Tournament Dates
• Room Type Guarantee – if hotel is unable to honor your reservation as booked, they are responsible for covering your stay
• Oversold Protection – if hotel is oversold, they cannot move Total Event Services guests
Click here for Bat Requirement info
UNIFORM AND EQUIPMENT
- Ugly sweater jersey
- USSSA visor
- All-State ring for every player
- White Pants
$10 per day – Cash Only
12 and under Free
The following policies apply at all times:
- No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the complex
- Service animals as defined by the American with Disabilities Act are permitted
- No firearms or weapons in the complex
- No bikes, skates or skateboards in the complex
- Miss Sarasota Softball Complex is a No-Smoking Facility
Friday – 5pm
- Meet and greet
- Autograph session
- Golden arm
- Home run derby
- Road runner
Saturday – 8am
Meet and Greet with Pride Players
Game Times TBA
Sunday – 8am
Game Times TBA
|Division||Entry Fee||Gate Fee||Max Entries||Game
|Venue Name||Address||Maps link|
|Miss Sarasota Softball||1111 Gun Club Road, Sarasota, FL, 34232||Open in Maps|
Note: If you don't know which venue you'll be playing at and want to book in advance, click here to find hotels that are geographically centered between all venues.
|Miss Sarasota Softball||1111 Gun Club Road, Sarasota, FL, 34232||Dec 9-11||Find Hotels|
WHAT AGE DO I REGISTER FOR?
By entering the correct birthdate, the participant will automatically be put in the correct age group. For USSSA, age eligibility is determined strictly by birth year. Please visit the following link for the Age Calculator. For the USSSA Winter All-star games , we will be constructing teams in the age categories of 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U and 16U.
WHAT POSITIONS CAN I SELECT?
- Each participant can select two positions ONLY. We will pick the best athletes to fit the needs of each particular team.
- Once on the team athletes may be asked to play other positions based on the needs of the team. We do this to maximize their playing time while attending the games.
I AM A COACH, CAN MY WHOLE TEAM ATTEND?
- Yes, however players will not be placed on the same team as all their teammates, we do our best to mix players from all over the region to enhance the experience of the athletes to meet new teammates.
WHAT PITCHING DIMENSIONS AND BALL SIZE WILL BE USED FOR MY DAUGHTER’S AGE GROUP?
- 9U/10U: 11 inch ball, 35 feet
- 11U/12U: 12 inch ball, 40 feet
- 13U/14U: 12 inch ball, 43 feet
Meet The Pride Players
Parent Code of Conduct
2022 Parent-Player Code of Conduct
The goal of the United States Specialty Sports Association (USSSA) is to offer our members a quality product in all aspects of the USSSA Programs. USSSA and is committed to providing athletes the tools and the competitive platform by which they can accomplish their dreams in softball and in life. To this end we are committed to making the 2022 Winter All-Star Games a positive one, in terms of competitiveness and an overall enjoyable experience for everyone involved and that nothing which occurs during the operation of these games reflects negatively toward the USSSA.
- Parents and athletes will maintain high standards of moral and ethical conduct that includes self-control and responsible behavior. Both athletes and parents must display courtesy and good manners and consider the physical and emotional well-being of others.
- Parents and athletes will not swear, use abusive language or display disruptive behavior, including behavior that is dangerous to self or others, including acts of violence, harassment, and physical or sexual abuse.
- Parents and players will respect the officials, coaches and event staff and their authority during the Winter All-star Event.
- At no point will parents be allowed to confront coaches without the presence of a tournament director at a designated time and location away from any scheduled game.
- The head coach will be the sole decision maker in all aspects of the game. He/she will be the only person making the lineups, making changes to the lineup and determining all game management facets. At NO point will the parents have any say in how the game is managed or who is playing in the game.
- At NO point are parents allowed to approach coaches in an aggressive way for any circumstances.
- Parents are asked to stay away from the dugout during practices and games unless of an emergency situation or asked for assistance by the head coach.
USSSA and the All-star Event has a zero tolerance for non-compliance towards any of these rules. Failure to adhere to these or any other rules and procedures as set forth in an USSSA sanctioned event may result in actions taken against the individual held responsible. Such penalties include reprimands, probation, suspension (game, event, year or multi-year) or permanent expulsion from USSSA sanctioned events.
Things for parents to keep in mind while children are playing:
- This is a game being played by children
- If they win or lose every game of this event, it will not impact what college they attend or their future income potential
- Imagine how you would feel if you saw a parent or coach from the opposing team cheering for your child when they made a great play. Then envision what kind of person you would think they are for doing that. You can be that person
- Umpires are human and make mistakes, just like players, coaches, and you. No one shouts at you in front of other people when you make a mistake, so please don’t yell at them. We do not have video replay, so, we will go with their calls.
- The only reason children want to play sports is because it is fun. Please don’t let the behavior of the adults ruin their fun.