Criteria to Determine Seeding
Florida USSSA Fastpitch uses the USSSA National criteria to determine seeding:
Pool Standings Sorted on the following:
1) Winning Percentage – Descending
2) Number Wins – Descending
3) Number Loses – Ascending
4) Tied Teams (vs. each other) Winning Pct – Descending [Not valid if all tied teams have not played each other]
5) Avg Points Allowed – Ascending
6) Avg Run Differential with a maximum of (8) – Descending
7) USSSA Points – Descending
8) Date Team Entered USSSA Database
Once past a tie breaker do not return to previous
NOTE: 2 Ties do NOT equal 1 Win, but figure into Winning percentage
*Exception at some State and National events: If 2 teams are undefeated, and a team with no losses (ex. 3-0) plays the “extra” game against the other team with no losses (ex. 2-0), and the team playing the “extra” game loses to that undefeated team, and that game is randomly chosen to be tossed, head-to-head is still in affect. The undefeated team will seed ahead of the team that played the extra game since they beat the other team.
Any time a team plays an “extra” seeding game to even out the schedule, one of their games will be tossed out once ALL their seeding games are played. The tournament director will post which game—4th game, 1st game, random game—will be tossed. The team does NOT get to choose which game is tossed out. The tossed game counts for the other team only.